What is the PCI-DSS?
The PCI-DSS or Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards were
made by the major credit card companies as a way to protect cardholder
data and reduce the risk of fraud. When stores accept payment cards using
systems that access, store, and/or transmit personal card holder data, they
MUST comply with these standards to continue accepting credit cards.
What Wolf Track Software Provides
We provide our customers with information in order to comply with the PCI-DSS standards. Please review the Implementation Guide in order to make sure your store is keeping up to date and complying with all the guidelines.
Wolf Track Video Game POS Implementation Guide
Wolf Track Liquor POS Implementation Guide
Wolf Track Retail POS Implementation Guide
What do you need to do?
By using Wolf Track Software, you can rest assured that none of your
customer’s critical credit information is being stored, and that any
transmitted information is being done in a secure manner, but there are still
steps you need to take to comply with the PCI-DSS standards:
- Complete and submit an annual self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) if
- Keep a technology policy that promotes strong passwords and safe and
aware computer usage
You can also call Wolf Track Software or visit the PCI Security Standards
Council website at www.pcisecuritystandards.org for more information.
What can happen if you do not comply?
If you do not comply with the PCI-DSS, you could be subject to:
- Fines and penalties from the card brands, starting at $10,000
- Litigation costs incurred to defend your business
- Loss of reputation and customers
- Loss or suspension of merchant account processing, resulting in your inability to continue to accept
As you can see, it is very important to comply with these standards.
What initial steps should you take?
There are some simple steps to help with compliance:
Please feel free to Check the PCI Security Standards Council website at
www.pcisecuritystandards.org for more information.
- Use unique usernames and strong user passwords for all system users
- Keep your computer updated and an antivirus program running at all times
- Don’t browse the internet or check emails on the register computer
- Complete and submit the annual SAQ if applicable
- Visit More PCI-DSS Info for additional information and updates on PCI-DSS Compliance
Have Additional Questions?
Call us now toll-free at (800) 908-7654.